Dark circles under the eyes can be a frustrating cosmetic concern for many individuals. Whether caused by genetics, lack of sleep, stress, or other factors, these pesky discolourations can make you look tired, aged, and less vibrant! Don’t worry – we’ve got you. Let’s explore the root causes of dark circles and provide a comprehensive guide on how to remove and prevent them.
If you’re not saddled with those designer (undereye) bags just yet, here’s what you can do to keep them from ever appearing:
- Easier said than done, but get enough sleep. You know this, so now it’s time to really do it. Eye strain from tiredness or sleep deprivation can result in the enlargement of the dark blood vessels around your eyes, causing the area to darken.
- Drink enough water. To keep the thin and delicate skin under your eyes from looking sunken, make sure you’re hydrated at all times. Keep a double-walled bottle next to your computer so you can take sips in between meetings.
- Wear sunscreen, even indoors. We’ve said it once and we’ll say it again—sunscreen should be a daily habit! Excessive sun exposure can cause your skin to produce more melanin, which creates pigmentation (or darkens existing pigmentation).
PHASE 2: CORRECT
It’s not too late! There are more than a few fixes for pesky undereye circles.
- The ultra-popular Belo Angel Whitening actually has a “panda eye” setting that’s specifically designed to get rid of dark undereye circles! It’s one of the go-to favourites of Alden Richards:
- The Fillmed Eye-Recover Mask targets dark circles, puffiness, and saggy eyelids. It’s chock-full of powerful active ingredients like collagen peptide and pro-vitamin B5 to soothe, hydrate, and refresh the eyes. Better results are seen throughout multiple uses!
- For maximum regeneration, try the Fillmed HXR Eye Cream, which contains hexylresorcinol (hence the name HXR!) to diminish the appearance of dark circles. It also contains escin to reduce puffiness and bags, and peptides to smooth out wrinkles. Definitely a staple for anyone working the graveyard shift!
Your eyes are the first part of your face to show obvious signs of aging, so caring for them as early as possible will be worth it someday. We won’t let those peepers look any less beautiful than they already are!
Plenty more solutions for dark circles are available to you – book a consultation with any of our doctors today, and shop our Filmed produts on Belo Shop here!